Thursday, November 24, 2011

I'm Feeling Crafty!

With the holidays quickly approaching I have been thinking of how to create some inexpensive, but pretty gifts to hand out this year. I was inspired by a friend to try to make a fleece wreath (who made one herself and it was gorgeous, thanks for the inspiration Chloe!) and it seems to be simple and the end result is so pretty! I am considering doing a couple different types of the fleece/felt wreath, there are so many great ideas and templates out there I'm not sure which one I like best.





These are both so pretty and I am trying to decide whether I want to make the balls and put them in a bowl as a centerpiece or if I want to the wreaths and maybe do a couple big ones and some smaller ones that might hang from a door knob.

The other crafty thing I've had on my mind is making jewelry with wire and beads. I came across this awesome blog describing in detail how to make a bird nest necklace and I think I can do these.

The full directions and list of supplies needed can be found here http://www.sarahortega.com/2011/05/diy-bird-nest-necklace.html. I am really excited to try one of these! I hope that they come out looking as pretty as this because I am hoping to make some for my friends at work for Christmas. I think they would all love them.

I am still working on all of my punch needle projects (which I have been neglecting and have gotten horribly behind on) and I hope to have some new pictures of those to post soon. I've also been making some diaper cakes for friends and other people to gift at baby showers. Here is a pic of the newest one I made.







These diaper cakes are actually pretty simple to make and seem to be loved by the mother-to-be and party guests. All I do is get some small rubber bands and roll each diaper and secure with the rubber band. Then take the rolled up diapers and place them around a baby bottle or a paper towel roll and secure with a large rubber band then use a large ribbon to cover the rubber band. Use a variety of stuffed animals, socks, pacifiers and other items to personalize the diaper cake, and voila!, instant centerpiece that doubles as a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment