Saturday, September 25, 2010

Moving On

After being comfortable in my job for the last six years, I recently decided it was time to move on. I recently received a pay cut in the form of having to pay for half of my monthly health insurance premiums. This was a drastic blow to me and as soon as we received the news I immediately hopped on the job hunting wagon. I had been applying for jobs since June and finally about a week and a half ago was offered a higher paying position with better benefits. I, of course, jumped on the opportunity. In one week I will be starting my new job and I am really excited. I thought I would be feeling upset or emotional about leaving my current job, but I don't. I am feeling optimistic about my new job and I can't wait to start! I have to get through a six month probation period but once I get through that I should be go. I got a new outfit to start it off right, although I won't be able to wear it until it cools off. I will be sad to be leaving the friends I've made at my current job, but I am looking forward to meeting new friends. I will have a real office this time so that will be great! I can't stand working in a little cubby out in the open. Hopefully this job will be a challenge and I know I will enjoy it. For all of you that are unhappy with where you are, just keep plugging along and something will come up for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment